Major Not Minor Music

I love listening to songs I really like. I have my own favorite artists, favorite genres, and favorite ways of listening to music. Practically 100 percent of my music-listening takes place on products made by Apple. They are not out to cheat me, are not linked to the mafia, and are not racketeers.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

iTunes 7 helps you uncrash your iTunes

The iTunes 7 version of the popular music application from Apple has one new feature that is a life-saver for its users.

It lets you read back all of your purchased-from-iTunes music from your little iPod to a different Mac than the one you synched it with. [Naturally, it must be one of the 4 or 5 Macs that you have associated to your iTunes store identity.]

When your old Mac crashes, you will suddenly see this feature as very cool.

It does not let you read back MP3 files. Presumably, you can read them back from your CD collection, and do not need to read them back from your iPod. In reality, that would be a very nice convenient.

But in practical terms, they probably cannot tell at present whether such MP3 files are really yours - or not. So out of deference to the music publishing industry, I assume, they do not offer that capability yet.

Anyway, I think this is one cool feature Apple has introduced. If your computer you have your iTunes library on crashes, you are going to love this feature!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home